TV’s Highest Earners Revealed
In an announcement that shocks no-one, the stars of US sitcom The Big Bang Theory were the highest paid television actors in the world in the past year.
Jim Parsons (Sheldon) and Johnny Galecki (Leonard) sit at the top of Forbes’ annual list of top earning male television actors. Their co-stars Simon Helberg (Howard) and Kunal Nayyar (Raj) also make the top five.
The news comes after last summer’s very public contract negotiations, in which the stars of the world’s biggest sitcom held out for salaries of $1 million an episode, the same as what the stars of Friends used to earn back in 2004.
A female list will be released by Forbes at a later date, although it is expected that Kaley Cuoco, who plays female lead Penny in The Big Bang Theory, will come out on top.
The full list of television’s highest earners is as follows:
1. Jim Parsons (The Big Bang Theory): $29 million
2. Johnny Galecki (The Big Bang Theory): $27 million
3. (tie) Mark Harmon (NCIS): $20 million
3. (tie) Simon Helberg (The Big Bang Theory): $20 million
3. (tie) Kunal Nayyar (The Big Bang Theory): $20 million
3. (tie) Ashton Kutcher (Two and a Half Men): $20 million
4. (tie) Jon Cryer (Two and a Half Men): $15 million
4. (tie) Ray Romano (Parenthood): $15 million
5. (tie) Patrick Dempsey (Grey’s Anatomy): $12 million
5. (tie) Simon Baker (The Mentalist): $12 million
6. Ty Burrell (Modern Family): $11.5 million
7. Jesse Tyler Ferguson (Modern Family): $11 million
8. (tie) Ed O’Neill (Modern Family): $10.5 million
8. (tie) Eric Stonestreet (Modern Family): $10.5 million
9. Kevin Spacey (House of Cards): $9.5 million