Let’s Sing and Dance for Comic Relief: Celebrities and song list revealed for first show
Let’s Sing and Dance for Comic Relief returns to screens this March and the celebrity line up and song list has been revealed ahead of the launch.
After a three year break from the annual series, the BBC is bringing back Let’s Sing and Dance for Comic Relief. Previous series have seen celebrities recreate some of the most iconic dance routines for charity and this year the show is throwing some singing into the mix too!
The celebrity line up and song list has now been released, so without further ado let’s see what treats we have in store this year:
- Russell Grant: “Chain Reaction” by Diana Ross.
- Sally Lindsay: “Cum On Feel The Noize” by Slade.
- Sara Pascoe: “Chandelier” by Sia.
- Harriet Thorpe and Helen Lederer: “Dancing Queen” by ABBA.
- Casualty and Holby City stars Chizzy Akudolu, Tony Marshall and Amanda Henderson: “Uptown Funk” by Mark Ronson ft. Bruno Mars.
- The One Show reporters Angellica Bell, Iwan Thomas, Alex Riley, Michelle Ackerley and Dominic Littlewood will also be putting on a supergroup performance, the details of which are still to be confirmed.
The celebrity performers will take to the stage in front of a different panel of guest stars each week, including the likes of Jo Brand, Jason Manford, Paul O’Grady, Frank Skinner, Jennifer Saunders and Claudia Winkleman.
Previous years have seen some absolutely hilarious performances, with memorable routines from Robert Webb and Rufus Hound, who took on the iconic “Flashdance” and “Fight For This Love” choreography.
Creative Director of the charity, Charlotte Ashton, explained: “We hope that the celebrities doing their bit will encourage the nation to fundraise and donate to raise a life changing amount of money for people living the toughest lives in the UK and across Africa.”
Red Nose Day is back on Friday 24 March 2017.