“Get outta my pub!”: Peggy Mitchell’s finest moments
Last night saw the final ever appearance of Dame Barbara Windsor as the feisty Mitchell matriarch Peggy Mitchell on EastEnders.
Last week Peggy was told her cancer was terminal and she later decided to end her life on her own terms in a touching final episode. The hallucinations caused by her medication even provided a good reason for her closest frenemy Pat Butcher to return for her last moments. Sons Phil and Grant Mitchell were also involved in the episode, though Peggy ultimately chose to ignore their pleas to continue living a half life.
The masterfully-worked episode was a wonderful tribute to television’s most iconic landlady, and one fans are sure to remember with a tear in their eye.
In celebration of Peggy Mitchell’s last hurrah, here are her finest moments across the years, and the reason we’ll miss her:
1. Peggy makes her first ever appearance in 1991
2. Peggy reveals she has cancer
3.Peggy reads out Frank’s leaving letter then dishes out “prizes” in front of whole pub
4. Peggy discovers Frank faked his death
5. Peggy and Pat have a classic catfight
6. Peggy and Pat get drunk in an ice cream van
7. Peggy smashes up the Queen Vic at Christmas
8. Peggy meets the Mayor of London Boris Johnson
9. Peggy watches as the Queen Vic burns down
10. And finally – a compilation of the best moments when Mrs Mitchell screamed her catchphrase: